Terms and Conditions
(1) Your use of and access to Tax Professionals on Demand website (“Website”) is operated by YYC GST Consultants Sdn Bhd (1073010-M) (“YYC”) and is strictly subject to the following exclusive Terms and Conditions.
(2) By using this Website, you are unequivocally accepting and agreeing to comply with all the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you are not permitted to use and prohibited from accessing this Website and/or any services or products offered on this Website.
(3) The information contained in this Website is for general guidance on matters of tax interest only. Therefore, the information on this Website is provided with the understanding that YYC is not herein engaged in rendering legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice and services. As such, the information in the Website should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional accounting, tax, legal or competent advisers.
(4) The words “User”, “you” and “your” refer to an individual or entity that creates an account vide this website as a customer. “Expert” refers to the person who answers a question of the User through this Website. Use of the term “Expert” by this Website is only meant to describe those who answer User’s questions vide the Website and not to guarantee any particular level of expertise of these Experts.
(5) While YYC has made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this Website has been obtained from professional and reliable sources, YYC is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information.
(6) In no event will YYC, its related partnerships or corporations or the partners, agents or employees thereof be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information in this Website or for any consequential, special or similar damages.
(7) YYC reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of these Terms and Conditions or information and/or any packages and/or services offered on this Website, at any time.
(8) It is your responsibility to review these Terms and Conditions prior to using the Website. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes shall be deemed to constitute as your acceptance of and agreement to all such changes.
(9) Through the paid Tax Professionals on Demand services, you may submit your questions, answers, requests for information, responses, profiles, signatures, qualifications, comments and posts in this Website (collectively “Posts”).
The details and materials of your Posts submitted on this Website are not private or confidential, nor is it protected by professional-client relationship or any other privilege, and it may be read, collected, and used by others including but not limited to, in preparation of materials to be posted on the Website. Your usage of the Website, the contents of and links from this Website do not constitute as professional advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making any decisions.
(10) No professional-client relationships shall be formed by your utilisation of any services through this Website. Communication on this Website is not confidential and shall not be the subject of any associated privileges. Communication on this Website is limited, as described above, do not involve in-person evaluations or visits, and do not include safeguards and procedures typical of in-person evaluations and visits.
(11) All services and advises accessed through the Website, including but not limited to such things as all text, user interfaces, visual interfaces, sounds, graphics, computer code, expression, “look and feel”, etc) (collectively “Content”), is owned or controlled by or otherwise licensed to YYC and is protected by copyright, trade secret, other intellectual property laws.
(12) YYC retains ownership of all proprietary rights in the Website and in all trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, and domain names (“learn.taxpod.my”, "ask.taxpod.my") associated or displayed with the information.
(13) YYC hereby grants you, the User, a personal, limited, revocable, non-transferable and non-exclusive licence to access the Website and products and Content, solely for your own non-commercial, personal purposes necessary to receive the information provided on the Website, provided that: -
(14) Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not: -
(15) Any print materials and downloads are subject to YYC’s permission to do so for your own personal and non-commercial viewing only.
(16) YYC will not be held responsible for any deletion of data, timeliness of services, or failure to store any of your data or personalization settings. You acknowledge and accept that system availability and access to the information on the Website may be limited or unavailable for reasons including but limited to, system performance, telecommunication failure, hardware failure or software failure.
(17) YYC may, but has no obligation to, monitor materials posted to or generated on the Website or any of the packages and/or products. YYC may disclose any information necessary or which YYC deems appropriate to satisfy YYC’s legal obligations, to protect YYC or to operate the Website.
Limitation of Liabilities
(18) In no event shall YYC, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, joint ventures, consultants, successors or assigns be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages (including but not limited to, loss of business, profits, data, use, revenue or other economic advantage) arising out of, or in connection with this Website and its contents, the products or the terms based on any theory, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
(19) The limitation of damages is a fundamental element of the agreement between YYC and you, without which this Website and information posted would not be provided without such limitations.
(20) The maximum aggregate liability of YYC to the respective individual User, howsoever arising from any claims, costs or damages arising out of, resulting from or in any way related to its Services or the discharge of its Services pursuant to the Website from any cause(s) shall not exceed the total amount of fee(s) charged by YYC.
(21) You may be presented with an offer for services outside of the Website’s standard question-and-answer platform.
(22) The Website is only a venue which facilitates communication between tax consultants and potential users of additional services. It does not provide any of the substance or content of any additional service initiated through this Website.
Third Party Links
(23) This Website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to third party websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that YYC is not responsible for the content or availability of any such websites.
(24) These third-party websites may have their own private policy and terms and conditions which you should read carefully.
(25) You agree and accept that accessing these third-party websites and their associated contents is at your own risk.
Fees and Payment
(26) All payments made by you for the usage of this Website, materials and services are non-refundable. YYC reserves the right to limit or prohibit request for Services that, at its sole discretion, appears to be placed by potential competitors (including but not limited to businesses providing accounting and/or tax services).
(27) You agree to pay all fees incurred in connection with your use of this Website and any of the products and/or packages accessed through the Website. YYC reserves the right to change its fee structure and/or to add new fees as it shall determine.
(28) Failure to pay will result in access to the Website being restricted and/or corresponding packages and/or Services not being fulfilled and/or delivered.
(29) YYC retains the right to terminate your online account and this licence granted to you at any time. This licence shall be terminated immediately if you are in violation of any of these Terms and Conditions. Upon terminating your online account and this licence, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
(30) You agree to indemnify and hold YYC, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, joint ventures, consultants, successors and assigns harmless from and against all losses, costs, liabilities and expenses including reasonable legal fees, asserted by any third-party that are in any way due to, or arising out of, your violation to these Terms and Conditions or the law or any rights of any third party, including without limitation to copyright, trademark, intellectual property, privacy rights which may arise as a result of your use of this Website.
(31) Any claim relating to the Website, Content and information shall be governed by Malaysian laws without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
(32) If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such term or condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
(33) These Terms and Conditions contain the whole Agreement between YYC and you and you have not relied upon any warranty in entering into this Agreement.
(34) All information in this Website is provided on an “as is where is” basis with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
(35) No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from YYC or through or from the Website shall create any warranty. You agree and accept that your usage of this Website is at your own risk.
(36) By accepting this Terms and Conditions, the User agrees that the User’s licence to the Website and/or any services or products offered on this Website shall be automatically renewed at the end of the User’s subscription term continuously and indefinitely for a period equal to the initial term (“Renewal Term”) and the subscription fee shall be chargeable at the time of renewal subject to service tax, if any and excludes any discount(s) whatsoever unless the User cancels prior to the expiration of the current initial term or the Renewal Term, as the case may be.
(37) If the User wishes to opt out of this automatic renewal, the User shall contact TaxPOD Customer Services during office hours at [email protected].